|LEAD 581i: Special Topics: Professional Development & Conferences
||Dr. Cheryl Getz
Tentative travel dates are from October 12-15, 2023. A complete itinerary of the program will be provided to students registered in the class.
|9/29, 10/6, 10/20, and 11/13 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
LEAD 581i: Special Topics: Professional Development & Conferences (3 units)
Conferences offer multiple opportunities to socialize attendees in the broad professional and academic discourses. They also offer exciting opportunities for participants to exchange new and emerging ideas, spaces to know one another, and even to make commitments for future projects. In this course, students will attend the International Leadership Association (ILA) conference in Vancouver, Canada. along with pre and post class sessions to become familiar with one academic culture related to Leadership Studies. Students will have multiple opportunities to ask questions related to professional development and conference participation in general, and in some cases, for those who had proposals accepted to ILA, students will have opportunities to practice and receive feedback on presentations prior to the conference.
Estimated Program Costs
|Tuition (reduced tuition rate of $880 per unit)
|Estimated travel expenses (based on double occupancy)
|Global Study Fee
|Estimated Total (not including airfare)
Notes about program costs:
- TUITION for this program is at the reduced SOLES Global tuition rate of $880/unit.
- TRAVEL EXPENSES are estimated to be $1,400. The program fee includes on-site logistical items such as lodging, classroom rentals, speakers, some group activities, meals and transportation to class activities. If you apply and are accepted to this program then withdraw, any costs incurred on your behalf will be charged to your student account.
- GLOBAL STUDY FEE is $400. A non-refundable charge of $150 will be placed on your student account for all withdrawals after the May 1st. Any withdrawal on or after May 15th, the entire $400 will be placed on your student account.
- ACCOMMODATION costs are built into the program. Tentatively, housing is provided from October 12 (check in date) to October 15 (check out date). Additional housing charges may be assessed if students drop the class after hotel accommodations are made on their behalf. Accepted students will be provided with further information regarding the group hotel and will be asked their housing preferences.
- AIRFARE is not charged to your student account. Students are responsible for purchasing their own airfare. Please check current airfare using your departure and return cities for a more accurate estimate.
- WITHDRAWAL/REFUND POLICY. If at any point after enrolling in the program you decide that you wish to cancel your participation, you must submit written notification to the Global Center <email@example.com>. A simple email will suffice. Students are responsible for all non-recoverable costs incurred by USD. Tuition refunds for the program and are processed according to the same on-campus tuition refund policy established by the USD Finance Office.
The application window for the program is from Monday, March 24th at 12:00PM
to April 11th at 11:59PM
. To be considered for acceptance, your online application must be complete by this date. Applications received by April 11 will be notified of acceptance by April 17th. Further information will be provided to accepted students. If you have already opened an online application, continue working on it by visiting the direct login page
Accepted students should apply immediately for any necessary tourist
visas. Students are solely responsible for obtaining their own visas. If you are required to obtain a visa, you may apply directly through the host country's consulate for a tourist visa. Contact Lindsay Allen, SOLES Global Center Coordinator for an introductory letter and proof of insurance if required.
Director | SOLES Global Center
University of San Diego