|MFTS 532i: Human Diversity
||Class activities run July 29, 2023 - Aug 5, 2023. Classes will be offered each day and attendance at all sessions is mandatory, given the condensed schedule.
There will be pre-travel sessions from 7/18-7/28 and a post-travel session on 8/10
MFTS 532i: Human Diversity (3 units)
Issues related to various ethnic and cultural backgrounds are examined, including the influence of minority characteristics, racism and discrimination in the therapeutic process. Emphasis is placed on the interplay between social issues and the therapeutic process. This course will have a global component to Amsterdam, Netherlands. Additionally, a service learning activity will be included during the global part of the course.
Estimated Program Costs
|Tuition (reduced tuition rate of $880 per unit)
|Program expenses (based on double occupancy)
|Global Study Fee
|Total (based on double occupancy and airfare not included)
Notes about program costs:
- TUITION for this program is at the reduced SOLES Global tuition rate of $880/unit.
- TRAVEL EXPENSES are estimated at $1,900. The program fee includes on-site logistical items such as lodging, classroom rentals, speakers, some group activities, meals and transportation to class activities. If you apply and are accepted to this program then withdraw, any costs incurred on your behalf will be charged to your student account.
- GLOBAL STUDY FEE is $400. A non-refundable charge of $150 will be placed on your student account for all withdrawals after March 1st. Any withdrawal on or after March 8th, the entire $400 will be placed on your student account.
- ACCOMMODATION costs are built into the program. Housing is provided from July 29 (check in date) to Aug 7 (check out date). Additional housing charges may be assessed if students drop the class after hotel accommodations are made on their behalf. Accepted students will be provided with further information regarding the group hotel and will be asked their housing preferences.
- AIRFARE is not charged to your student account. Students are responsible for purchasing their own airfare. Please check current airfare using your departure and return cities for a more accurate estimate.
- WITHDRAWAL/REFUND POLICY. If at any point after enrolling in the program you decide that you wish to cancel your participation, you must submit written notification to the Global Center <email@example.com>. A simple email will suffice. Students are responsible for all non-recoverable costs incurred by USD. The information on the cancellation policy can be found here: SOLES Cancellation Policy-Global Study Summer 2023.
The application window for the program is from November 30th at 12:00PM
to December 5th at 11:59PM
. To be considered for acceptance, your online application must be complete by this date. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by February 22. Further information will be provided to accepted students. If you have already opened an online application, continue working on it by visiting the direct login page
Accepted students should apply immediately for any necessary tourist visas. Students are solely responsible for obtaining their own visas. If you are required to obtain a visa, you may apply directly through the host country's consulate for a tourist visa. Contact Lindsay Allen, SOLES Global Center Coordinator for an introductory letter and proof of insurance if required. The information provided below applies to U.S. citizens.
U.S. citizens must have a valid passport and a visa (or pre-approval for a visa on arrival) to enter the Netherlands. Your passport must be valid for six months beyond your planned stay, and you must have at least one blank visa page. Visit the Embassy website for the most current information.
Director, SOLES Global Center
University of San Diego