|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||USD applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2014||10/02/2013 **||Rolling Admission||02/10/2014||06/27/2014|
|NOTE: Students must report to program site on August 4th for orientation prior to classes.|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Language Requirement:||No pre-requisite, but required to take Language course in-country||GPA:||2.75|
|Disciplines offered:||Arts and Sciences - non science||Program Advisor:||Derek Brendel - email@example.com|
BRAZIL: Rio de Janiero
Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro
Fall/Spring Semester Program
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio) is one of the top five universities in Brazil and is recognized worldwide as one of the most important doctoral research centers in the country. Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio) is a private non-profit Catholic University that was founded in 1940 with the objective of developing knowledge based on humanistic values. The university now has 20,000 students who come from a variety of religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
PUC-Rio is located in Gávea, a charming neighborhood near the forest and beaches of the Zona Sul area of Rio de Janeiro. Its campus is beautifully situated within a tropical forest, surrounded by lush trees and with a small stream running through it. Visitors and students can often see small monkeys and squirrels jumping among the trees.
Some highlights of the campus at PUC-Rio are:
- Complete infrastructure and natural beauty
- Located in a pleasant and quiet neighborhood
- Large libraries with access to over 500,000 titles
- FREE Internet access provided (broadband and wireless)
- Restaurants, cafeterias, bookstores and ATMs on campus
- Community service projects with underprivileged population
- Cultural center with art exhibitions throughout the year
- The PILOTIS, an open meeting area for concerts, political debates and fairs
- A large number of city bus lines make it easy to get to campus
- View a Campus Map.
- To see a list of pre-approved courses at PUC-RIO, click HERE.
- View the courses offered in English, click HERE.
- Learn more about Portuguese as a Second Language classes, click HERE.
PUC-Rio has 3 sports areas where many sports are played, such as football (soccer), volleyball and capoeira. In addition, both international students and the regular students are allowed to swim at one of the most famous clubs in town, the Flamengo Football (soccer) Club which is located within walking distance of campus.
Social Life at PUC-Rio
Gatherings are organized specifically for international students in order to help them integrate into the university community. Study abroad students can also participate in other activities including the choir and other Brazilian cultural festivals.